March 11, 2009

I’ve been with Jon all week, working on tracks for the new record.  He wants to go back on tour.  Start another round next year.  I know part of it is for me.  If I’m working, I’m working.  Totally engrossed – I don’t phone it in.  If I’m left to my devices, who knows what could happen?

I have something to say, though.  Directly to you.

I think I’m done with you now.  It’s been more than three months since Jennifer was killed.  I can say that now without wanting to put my fist through the nearest smiling face, or pour a bottle of whiskey down my gullet.  Jennifer was killed in a horrific airplane crash.  She hasn’t visited me again since that last time; I don’t know if she will again.  And I think I’m okay with that.    I think she thinks I’m moving on.  I’m not, not quite yet, but I’m moving along.  There’s a difference.  She knows that, but she trusts me, and is leaving me to find my way.

I still miss her like crazy and think of her a hundred times a day, but the music is back, and I’m laughing again.

I’m still seeing Dr. Washington.  He is helping me.  I told him about the Dr. Santa thing, and he laughed.  Said I wasn’t the first to make that connection, and thanked me for keeping the Christmas jokes to myself.  He said that the journal thing was up to me; if I wanted to keep it up, he’d be happy to talk about anything I wrote about.

But I think for now, Asshole, I’m all set with you.

Thanks.

3 comments:

Anonymous October 16, 2010 at 3:11 AM  

BRILLIANT!! Just brilliant Hathor!! I loved it!! And as always, your writing brings out all the emotions. You have a true gift with words.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

Peg

Anonymous October 16, 2010 at 11:00 AM  

Fantastic Hath! It was still sad but with a glimmer of hope. Its great to have something new from you, you've been away so long.

Vicki
X

TaraLeigh October 28, 2010 at 8:49 AM  

Saying goodbye to Asshole feels good. It feels right, and exactly what Jen would want.

Finding his way through the muck and the mire was exactly what he needed to do, and of course it was words that did it...silly man.
;)

GREAT Stuff, Hath.
Seriously.
You do have Richie's voice down to a science.