February 20, 2009

I’m heading back east with the truck.  I can’t keep it any more.  Ma and John have a right to have Jen’s things.  Her brother and her best friends deserve that much.  I’m keeping a few things.  That picture, the leathers she bought in London – I actually smiled when I saw the fringed leather jacket with “Goddess” on the back in silver studs.  I’m thinking Ava will look great in that when she’s older.  I kept the Harley too, but that’s all.  I have no use for her clothes, though I did take back the t-shirts I left for her; they smell of her a little, and at least I have something that mattered to her.

Jon was adamant that I come to Jersey after and hang out for a while.  He’s serious about making a new record and has lots of ideas.  He says there’s so much out there worth talking about – statements to make and all that.  I couldn’t muster up one smidge of give-a-shit, but I couldn’t say ‘no’.

 We’ll see how it goes.  For now, it’s time to hit the road.

0 comments: